- He is troubled by something.
- He wants to have his car fixed.
- His car is broken down.
- How was your weekend?
- I am trying to get it together.
- I can't argue with you about that.
- I will go first thing in the morning immediately to the cleaners.
- I will have your dress cleaned professionally.
- It might sound insincere / thoughtless / careless / lazy, but...
- Nice spread!
- swamped at work
- Well, the thing is, I was so busy I forgot to...
- What did you do on the weekend?
- You have waited for a month already.